Tourism, short visit, or medical. Tourist (TR) visa holders will be permitted to stay in Thailand for up to 60 days
Ordinary passport holder who wishes to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes is subjected to be granted a Tourist visa:
- ● Tourism
● Short visit to family living in Thailand.
- ● Medical treatment with registered hospitals.
- ● Participants of MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Convention & Exhibitions) supported by TCEB.
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.
3. Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
- A minimum of two inbound and outbound tickets are required for multiple entries visa.
4. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht ≈ 6000 NOK per person and 40,000 Baht ≈ 12000 NOK per family).
- For multiple entries 200,000 Baht ≈ 57,000 NOK per person and 400,000 Baht ≈ 114,000 NOK per family for the past 6 months
5. Proof of accommodation
REMARK: The embassy reserves the right to request additional information/documents according to the e-Visa system.
The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.
Period of Stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
SINGLE ENTRY: 350 NOK
MULTIPLE ENTRY: 1700 NOK
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located in Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th
). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain types of visas is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.