Non-Immigrant Visa - ED - Education 

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to study, to come on a work-study tour or observation tour, to participate in projects, seminars, or internship programme, to attend a conference or training course, and to study as a foreign Buddhist monk.


Required Documents

  1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. 

  2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.

  3. Airline ticket  (showing flights into and out of Thailand)

  4. Evidence of adequate finance (the equivalent of 20,000 THB per person and 40,000 THB per family)

  5. Transcript / Letter of acceptance or invitation from the concerned schools/universities or institutes/ companies and a copy of the identity card/passport of the person who signs the letter of acceptance/invitation.

  6. Official Note certifying the purpose of travel from school/universities or institutes/ Thai Government Agencies concerned/ companies  

  7. Health Insurance Policy Certificate covering all expenditures of medical treatments including COVID-19 worth at least 50,000USD

- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Copies of company documents must be signed by the Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company.
- In the absence of a required document, a letter explaining the unavailability of such document must be provided.

Validity of the visa

A single-entry visa is valid for three months. 

Period of Stay

Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days.

Visa fee(s)

SINGLE ENTRY:          700 NOK

Extension Of Stay

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.