วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 22 Dec 2021
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 29 Nov 2022
| 2,163 view
Non-Immigrant Visa O-X (Long Stay 10 years)
- This type of visa is issued to foreign nationals who intend to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for an extended period of time for their retirement and recreation.
- The visa holder is allowed to stay in Thailand for up to 10 years with multiple entries.
- The visa applicant must be at least 50 years old.
- The applicant must be a national of one of the following countries:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom of Great Britain)
- Applicant must NOT have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
- Applicant must deposit minimum assets of 3 million baht in a Thai bank.
- The applicant must deposit a minimum of 1.8 million Baht assets in a Thai bank and also have a minimum income of 1.2 million Baht per year. If the visa holder has entered Thailand, the minimum amount of 3 million baht must be deposited in a Thai bank within one year.
- The amount of money under (c) and (d) must rest in the bank account for at least 1 year before it can be withdrawn. Within the following year, at least 1.5 million baht must be left in the account. The amount can only be spent in Thailand.
- Applicant must have a Thai Health Insurance Policy Certificate covering all expenditures of medical treatments (Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB) including COVID-19 worth at least 100,000 USD
(must be specifically mentioned)
Applicants may consider buying Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org
NB: The Consular Officers reserves the right to request additional documents if necessary or to invite the applicant to an interview.
Accompanying spouses and children under 20 years of age can also apply for the Non-Immigrant Visa OX.
Spouses (no minimum age required) must submit a copy of the marriage certificate and the documents from the bullets above. Children under 20 years of age must submit a copy of the birth certificate and the documents from bullets 1 - 4 and 8.
The visa fee has to be paid for each application.
Travelers coming to Thailand with a Non-Immigrant O-X visa will be initially granted a stay permit of 5 years in the Kingdom according to the validity of the visa. After five years they can apply for an extension of five years.
Period of Stay
5 years from first entry (with an option to extend for a further 5 years), a total of 10 years
MULTIPLE ENTRIES: 3000 NOK
Benefits of the Non-O-X visa holders
- Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
- Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
- Can purchase condominiums (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th
). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Downloadable Form(s) / Document(s)