Registration of divorce is free of charge.
Required documents for divorce registration:
1. Request Form for Legalisation (please download at https://bit.ly/3MxREMB)
2. Divorce Agreement Form (please download at https://bit.ly/3w41Rul)
3. Application for Registration of Divorce (please download at https://bit.ly/36cFesO)
4. Both parties must submit:
5. Two witnesses for divorce registration must submit:
1. Please prepare the above-mentioned documents (the checklist of required documents is available at https://bit.ly/3MShDi6 ) and send all copies to the Embassy for document review at [email protected]. All files should be named after the documents and attached in the same order of the checklist, e.g., “1. Request form of Legalisation 2. Divorce Agreement Form 3. Application for Registration of Divorce…”
2. The document review takes 7 – 14 days working days or more, depending on the number of applications at the time. Incomplete documents may delay the process.
3. Once the document review is completed, the Embassy will arrange an appointment for divorce registration. Both divorce applicants accompanied by two witnesses must appear at the Embassy to submit all the original documents, sign and obtain a divorce certificate.
4. In case of name/surname change after divorce, the applicants must submit the divorce certificate with the changed name/surname to the local district office in Thailand, in order to register the name change and request for a new Thai identification card before applying for a new passport.
Downloadable Form(s) / Document(s)