Special Tourist Visa (STV)
Details and requirements of the aforementioned visa category are listed below:
*** The Thailand Special Tourist Visa (STV) holders can enter Thailand from October 1, 2021 until September 30, 2022 ***
- This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.
- STV visa holders will initially be permitted to stay in Thailand for up to 90 days including the quarantine period.
- The extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at a maximum of 90 days per each extension.
- The maximum stay in total, therefore, shall NOT exceed 270 days including the quarantine period.
- The Extension cannot be requested after 29 September 2022.
- The current end date of the STV scheme is 30 September 2022.
- Applicant must not be a person prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Applicant must have no criminal records in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
- Applicant must have the nationality of or permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted
- Applicant must NOT have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
- Applicant must have Thai Health Insurance Policy Certificate covering all expenditures of medical treatments (Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB) including COVID-19 worth at least 100,000 USD
(must be specifically mentioned)
Applicants may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org
- The applicant is prohibited from engaging in any gainful employment in Thailand.
- Confirmed roundtrip flight reservation or ticket
- Police verification stating the applicant has no criminal record issued by the Norwegian Police
(in English). The verification must not be more than three months old.
- Medical Certificate from the country where the applicants apply visa stating that applicants don’t have any prohibited diseases as follows; Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, the third stage of Syphilis. The medical certificate must be issued no longer than 3 months prior to the date of submission.
Medical Certificate can be download from below
- Proof of adequate finance for the duration of stay in Thailand – a copy of a recent bank statement or letter from the bank showing 20,000 Baht per person in the bank account. In case of submitting a family bank statement, proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided
- Thai Health Insurance Policy Certificate covering all expenditures of medical treatments
- Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
- Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB including COVID-19 worth at least 100,000 USD (must be specifically mentioned)
- Proof of payment (paid in full) for AQ
- Proof of payment (paid in full) for the accommodation in Thailand for the whole period of intended stay (within the initially permitted 90-day stay) OR proof of ownership of a condominium in Thailand
NB: Consular Officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
The validity of the STV visa is 3 months from the date of issuance. Travelers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period.
Period of Stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days with an extension of stay
can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at a maximum of 90 days per each extension
The maximum stay in total, therefore, shall NOT exceed 270 days including the quarantine period.
SINGLE ENTRY: 700 NOK
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th
). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.